Over the past 3 years working in the education sector, Cyrus noticed how on countless occasions parents had expressed frustration in being unable to find information about what a school was really like. All too often, the current information available to parents consisted of school brochures and OFSTED reports.
In June 2014, and armed with the idea of creating a platform for current and former parents to rate and review their schools for prospective parents, Cyrus pitched this concept at a Start-Up Weekend event held on Google Campus. Start Up Weekend is a competition where anyone can pitch an idea, and the most popular ideas are brought to life over the course of the weekend by a team that is formed on the first evening. As it turned out, the idea, pitch and product that were developed over that weekend by 5 team members won the whole competition as judged by an independent panel of investors, tech experts and educationalists. Buoyed by this initial success, Cyrus and his co-founder, Costas, who he met during the Start Up Weekend, have developed, over the course of the summer, this idea into the website that is now live today.
Stay tuned for more exciting developments!
- Educated at Eton College, Cyrus graduated from Oxford University in 2009 with a Double 1st Class degree in History and Modern Languages.
- Former investment banker at Lehman Brothers and Citigroup.
- In 2012, he founded My Tutor Club which has grown to become one of the leading private tuition companies and education consultancies in London. In 2014, in only its second full year, My Tutor Club was shortlisted, by an independent panel of education experts, as a finalist for "UK Private Tuition company of the year" for the prestigious Education Investor awards.
- Cyrus is passionate about using the power of technology (internet, tablets, videos, learning platforms) to improve the quality and accessibility of education, especially in the emerging economies.
- Over 14 years in the digital sector creating and delivering award winning mobile and web solutions.
- Delivered for brands including American Express, Digital Look, Microsoft, Mazda, Volkswagen, Marks & Spencer, Lloyds TSB, McDonald’s, Virgin Group, ITV Broadcasting.
- Worked on first fintech startup back in 1998 and building and delivering stuff ever since!